Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rosemary French Fries

I feel day like these are few and far between. Some huge up-side and and substantial down-side. I got next to nothing done today. I little cleaning around the house and that is about where I capped out. On the other hand, I got in a great nap and relaxed all day. Difficult to say if this was a good day, the verdict is still out. I enjoyed it and I think that should count for something. I love my days off.

I have spoken to several people about the food on my blog who are not typical "cookers" nor are they vegan. It seems that some people feel like my recipes might be a bit to involved for people not already familiar with food. I am determined to post some recipes that are easy and friendly to an unexplored kitchen. For lunch I made myself some rosemary french fries.

Rosemary French Fries

4 med potatoes
2 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of rosemary
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of pepper

Cut the potatoes into fries type slices (larger then a matchstick but of similar shape). Boil the potatoes until slightly tender. Do not let them get soft. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. When the potatoes are finished boiling, strain. Pour the oil into the bottom of a loaf pan along with the other spices. Add the potatoes to the oil and toss to coat them with the oil and rosemary mixture. Bake for 20 minutes and flip. Bake for another 20 mins.


I hope this is something people can sink their teeth into. I did and it was well worth the minimal effort.

5 comments:

Rose said...

I love slow, relaxing days off...rosemary and fried potatoes...a match made in heaven; it looks fab.

Oraphan said...

Yum! Your French fries looks fantastic! I've never made French fries before and I think I should, your recipe sounds easy and friendly!

I love my days off too and I like to do things slow, no rush!

Anonymous said...

lol, didn't mean to discourage your fancy stuff like the pistachio crusts, etc... which looked amazing. but this definitely looks easy and good :) like someday when i actually have to cook for myself i would make this. :P
-ame

Jes said...

Definitely a great recipe for those not used to the kitchen!

pari said...

quick question- why boil'em first? Was gonna make some with sweet potato but have always just cut n put in the oven. tell me your secrets!