Sunday, January 10, 2010

Peppermint Fudge

Super simple. Super Delicious.

Peppermint Fudge

2 cups of confectionery sugar
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 cup of coco powder
1/4 cup of soymilk
3 tablespoons of vegan margarine
1 teaspoon of peppermint extract

In a sauce pan on low heat, melt the chocolate chips and margarine. Stir well. Add the coco powder, soymilk, peppermint, and sugar. Continue to stir vigorously until smooth. Pour into an 8x8 pan and chill for 3 hours.



I made a pan of fudge the other night as a belated dessert for my Dinner for One! It was a nice treat. One year, I made vegan fudge for all my relatives for the holidays. It was something I made often but had not made it years. I totally forgot why until, I sat down with the pan and ate half of it. Wired for the rest of the night and sick to my stomach the next day. Be careful with fudge.

I seem to recall doing this as a kid many times. Some things never change.

7 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Oh goodness, that sounds great. I had my first experience with vegan fudge making recently, of the coconut variety. This will have to be experience #2!

Oraphan said...

YUM! This fudge looks oh so good! It really does sound yummy and easy to make, just have to be careful not to eat it all at once!

two vegan boys said...

This sounds so good. I think I drooled on the keyboard.

Anonymous said...

hi vic its mom be careful with the fudge

P. M. Doolan said...

Yummy. This sounds delicious - in fact your blog is filled with fantastic sounding recipes. I will start with the fudge. Great photos too.

Shaheen said...

I does look really good, a small bite for sure. Its nice to read that its a recipe from your childhood.

Rachana said...

This is my first comment here and am drooling here...The fudge looks sooo yummy...wil definitely give it a try:)
Cheers and Do visit,
Rachana
rachanakothari.blogspot.com