Friday, November 30, 2012

Soul Veg in my kitchen!

As a resident of Atlanta for over 8 years now, I have come to adore some of the local vegan fare.  When I first arrived as a carpet bagging northerner, I was not much of a fan of the local favorite, Soul Vegetarian.  It several all vegan southern soul food.  The yankee in me felt this was a bit heavy and it took me a few year to realize how special this place was.  Now it ranks as a favorite in the Atlanta area.



As an homage, I recently made my own Soul Veg dinner to share with both Ashley and Jamie.  It was right off their menu, Bar B-Que seitan, mac & cheeze, candied sweet potatoes, corn bread and I even added a salad with their beloved price dressing.  For an at home meal, this was pretty spot on.  It was actually a lot of fun to re-create such an Atlanta favorite for the night.


I am sure that the Atlanta locals who find their way to this post will appreciate the joy of having soul veg in your kitchen!

1 comment:

Alessandra said...

The two platters together are perfect.

Ciao
A.