Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Reason to celebrate!

In the past couple of months, I have been doing a lot of Real Estate work.  In fact, today I just finished another closing.  I like to celebrate my closings with a cake from Southern Sweet Bakery but I have opted to try and cram money into my savings to buy more investment properties. 


Since I have opted out of cake buying (although I may reverse that choice, those cakes are amazing!), I baked my own.  I used my basic chocolate cake recipe.  I did mix it up a bit, I added cinnamon to the batter and even some hazelnut to the icing!  As good as the bakery cakes are, this was certainly a nice substitution.

I have really been unhappy of the past few years at the jobby job.  I do not like to use the forum to complain so I generally do not mention it.  I have been putting in long hours with some outstanding results over the past year and I think there is some light at the end of the tunnel.  It is very exciting and I can not wait for the new page to turn.

2 comments:

Vegan Fazool said...

This cake looks great, Vic! Glad you are feeling better about your job, too.

Jes said...

Congrats on the closing!!! (You should totally go get a cake too to celebrate--Southern Sweets is the bomb.)