Monday, November 19, 2012

Slow Cooker in the Kitchen!

A few weeks ago, Ashley and I got talking about her busy schedule or work, school, single mom, etc.  She was feeling like cooking healthy meals for her and her daughter, Kaleigh, was slipping away from her scope of priorities.  Understandable.  The more we talked about it the more I realized that a slow cooker might be just want she needed to help.

We searched all the different features and brands and made a purchase.  Right away Ashley began to use it.  In fact, I have even had it at my house for a few times to help develop some easy recipes that she might enjoy.  I have gotten the advantage of eating some fantastic food.

As a child, my mum occasionally made pot roast in her slow cooker.  Ironically, none of us were a big fan of the dish and my mum never ate red meat, to this day I am not sure why she made it.  That was my entire experience with a slow cooker though.  This is all new territory for me.  I may even post a few slow cooker recipes, they can be very creative!

My Fajita Soup with Seitan

Ashley's Jambalaya

Ashley's Tortilla Soup

My Channa Masala

1 comment:

Jes said...

I'm a total slow cooker newbie (no experience and a circa 1978 one in the house to boot), but those dishes make me think I might want to figure it out! The fajita soup looks rockin' good.