Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Recipe Update: Zucchini Pineapple Bread

I had a few days off and took it easy.  In fact, I accomplished very little and felt quite good about it.  I did not even cook a new dish to share.  I did however, re-visit an old classic recipe of mine.

Zucchini Pineapple Bread

Recently, I have been thinking often about my cookbook.  It is something I want to put more effort into and begin to compile recipes.  Given this, I wanted to check back on a few recipes from the early days of blogging.  In making sure the recipe represents what I want, I noticed that many of the pictures are pretty terrible.  Occasionally, I am going to go back, remake these dishes, update the recipes, and take better pictures.


Zucchini Pineapple Bread

3 vegan egg substitutes
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini (grated)
1 cup of pineapple (crushed)
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325.

I find it easiest to grate the zucchini in a food processor.

Add the egg substitute, flour, and sugar and mix well. Add the zucchini and vanilla and mix. Mix the pineapple, apple sauce, and oil.  This should be fairly wet.

 before baking

Pour into greased loaf pan and put in the oven for 45 - 50 minutes. Stick with a tooth pick to be sure it is done. 
 after baking

8 comments:

Rose said...

Cookbook? Yes, please.
That bread sounds like a delicious combo.

Good for you for taking it easy for a few days!

Millie said...

I must try this recipe my friend...it looks fabulous!

amymylove said...

sounds and looks amazing! can't wait to try it!

dreaminitvegan said...

Nice combo. they look perfect!

Jen Treehugger said...

Your loaf pans are lovely and the bread looks crazy good.

The Kuntrageous Vegan said...

yummmmmmmm. i never thought to combine these two things!

Anonymous said...

Yum. And I love your old cookware. Lovely.

Krys and the boys

Jes said...

Hilarious! My mom and I were just talking about zucchini & pineapple bread and here it is :) Great looking recipe!