Thursday, April 23, 2015

No Pho-ken Way!

It has been years and years since I have had Pho.  I never had it in Atlanta which is odd since the city has a high population of Vietnamese restaurants.  That means it has been over 10 years since I have had the soup dish.  Additionally, I have never made it or even attempted to.


Over the past few weeks, Ashley has been requesting that I make her some Pho.  I thought it would be a fun challenge and went all in.  It was actually quite an easy dish and turned out fantastic.  The only ingredient that is a little difficult to come by in rural Maine was the Thai basil.  Since it is just a garnish, I bet I could use something else without an issue though.

After trying to get the Pho all ready for Ashley when she got home from work, she had an emergency case at work and was forced to stay until nearly midnight.  Kaleigh and I had Pho without her.  I stayed up until she got home and made her a fresh bowl though.  Pho dinner in bed!

No comments: