Monday, December 29, 2014

The Pre-holiday stuff

I had the opportunity to make some more cupcakes for Kaleigh's 2nd grade holiday school party.  I made far too many but it was worth it.  I made a neapolitan theme.  Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing, vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream icing, and I finnaly nailed strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing.  The chocolate cupcakes were a huge hit with the kids.  They were all gone with a quickness.


Just after the girls left for their Georgia holiday vacation, I went to my mums' house for the eve.  She makes her traditional spinach pie which is not vegan so she made a great little butternut squash soup with roasted portabello mushrooms.  It was really good, something I might try to mimic down the road.


It has been a little lonely with the girls gone but they will be back soon and the house will be bustling action again.  In the meantime I have to just try to get things done and remember to cook for myself!

No comments: