Monday, July 15, 2013

Fernbank Science Center trip

After a couple of very well behaved trips to the dentist, Ashley and I rewarded Kaleigh with a visit to the Fernbank Science Center.  It is a pretty cool free thing to do in Atlanta with a young child.  There are some animals in cages that people gawk at but otherwise, there is some amazing science that really related to kids.


Once outside, the real fun begins!  There is a great garden, about 6 different types of composts, each explaining what they could be used for, as even some petrified wood.  We send quite some time roaming through the gardens and checking out their veggies and flower.  They had some massive eggplants coming in!



In the center of the space there is a pond with some amazing lilies and flowers growing.  I got to pull out my camera and take some good shots.  I am trying to get as much practice in as I can for the vacation that Ashley and I are taking next month.


No comments: