Monday, June 10, 2013

Veganniversary Potluck!

For about a month I have been organizing a celebration for my 15 year Veganniversary.  With Ashley's help, we decided to host a potluck.  I have always enjoyed potlucks as it gives people a chance to share some food and be creative with little pressure to actually be good.  Fortunately, at my potluck celebration, all of the food was fantastic.

Ashley and I made her amazing sugar coated pecans, in the slow cooker we made candied sweet potato with apples, lemon cheezecake bars, and I made pepperoni deli slices that we combined with crackers for lunchable like snacks.  Kaleigh came over with Ashley's mom and brought a cantaloupe and Kaleigh made some fresh squeezed watermelon lemonade!



Some of the other great dishes included a nacho and mock meat sauce, chilli, and veggie lasagna!  With about 10 people, we destroyed most of the food pretty quickly.  Some folks ended up playing outside with Kaleigh while others talked inside.  It turned out to be a fun afternoon and I am glad we put it together.  Sadly, I did not take pictures, instead, I spent my time just enjoying the afternoon.


1 comment:

adriennefriend said...

Happy happy Veganniversary! I wish I could have been there.