Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cucumber Tarragon Dressing

I may have finally got some inspiration back with regards to cooking.  I have been involved in kitchen related activities more!  I still wish I had more opportunity to cook for or with other people but I will take it where and when I can.

In another attempt to liven up the salad scene, I pulled together another fun dressing.  This one is vinegar-free.   Although it is hard to believe, there seem to be people out there that do like vinegar.  If I can keep making creative and tasty dressings I will make it through the outrageously hot Atlanta summer.

Cucumber Tarragon Dressing

1 clove of garlic
1 cucumber (peeled)
1 cup of vegan mayonnaise
1/3 cup of fresh tarragon (no stems)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1/4 teaspoon of sugar

Puree all ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Chill for 30 minute prior to serving.  This makes enough for about 5 salads and should last several days.

3 comments:

Alessandra said...

Vic you are the king of dressings!!! :-)

aimee said...

This looks delicious! Looking forward to exploring your salad dressing recipes!

dreaminitvegan said...

This sounds so refreshing and I love the color!