Friday, April 16, 2010

Basil balsamic dressing

After spending 15 hours at work, I hope that someone appreciates my diligence in posting. Here is that salad dressing recipe that I had mentioned.


Basil Balsamic Dressing

1 clove of garlic (chopped)
1 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon of fresh basil (chopped)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of hot sauce

Put all ingredients into a blender and puree until garlic is fully liquefied, this should take about 1 minute with a high powered blender.


I have been using spinach almost exclusively as my main green in all salads. It is cheap, common, and very good for me. In this, I added the staples (carrots, red cabbage, onions, etc) but also added the in season asparagus, pistachios, cranberries, corn, and flax seeds. It was a really nice refreshing spring salad. A great addition to the patio dinner!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Thanks for the dressing recipe; I'm an oil and vinegar person to the end and this is a great way to give plain old oil & vinegar a flair.

That salad looks really delish and healthy.

miss v said...

this sounds like a fabulous dressing.

i'm just catching up on all my favourite blogs and i saw your last oyster mushroom recipe - holy awesomeness!

Anonymous said...

asparagus!
http://www.att.net/s/editorial.dll?eetype=Article&eeid=7238380&render=y&Table=&ch=hg&_lid=134&_lnm=homepage.todayshighlight.att.asparagus