Monday, November 17, 2014

Weekend Visitors!

Ashley, Kaleigh and I hosted my sister and my nephews this weekend.  They came up around noon on Friday.  We liberated Kaleigh from school and Ashley took the day off from work.  It is not often we get to see the relatives from Boston.

Kaleigh and the boys played very hard.  They played in the snow, we got a few inches the night prior, they played hide and seek and all sorts of other games.  They had a blast.  For dinner, in our tradition of Friday nights, we made pizza.  This time we made 3 of them.  They kids all ate them up and there was even enough left for the adults to get their fill.

As they were eating pizza I told them I had a surprise for dessert.  Kaleigh new what it was because she helped me make cupcakes the day prior.  They youngest of the nephews, age 5, was extremely skeptical of the possibility of dessert.  He even tried to convince the other kids that there was really nothing for them.  It was quite funny to him hear try to make his case.  After all his efforts, I broke out the cupcakes for the kids!  They were thrilled and destroyed them.


The following day, I made lunch.  Salad, mac and cheeze, and fried tofu tossed in a mesquite lime rub.  One kid ate all everyone's mac, the other ate all the tofu, the other all the salads.


It was a great time with the family.  Hopefully the house will be closer to finished on their next visit.

No comments: