Monday, June 23, 2014

The things vegans rarely get to have...

Here in Atlanta, we are fortunate enough to have Revolution Doughnuts where we can get a wide variety of vegan flavored doughnuts.  However, many folks throughout the vegan world can not.  Since Ashley, Kaleigh and I were on our Spend Nothing for Seven Days Challenge, Revolution was off the menu for us.


The solution?  Do it yourself.  This was my first attempt to use my new deep fryer to make some doughnuts.  I want to prefect the recipe a bit but it was a great (and tasty) start.  I made vanilla doughnuts with a cinnamon sugar glaze then dusted them with a little powdered sugar.  These will certainly be on the menu again soon!

2 comments:

adriennefriend said...

They look awesome! And I love "spend nothing" challenges. Does that include no car use either (gas) or do you just fuel up before the challenge begins and then monitor/reduce your use? So cool!

Millie said...

it sure looks great Vic.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com