Monday, November 18, 2013

Autumn means soups!

One of the great things about autumn foods is hearty soups.  As a child, soups were not something I would eat.  Typically they came from a can and were fairly bland.  As an adult, I get to make my own and they have become a favorite.

Moving away from the summer soups of roasted red pepper and ratatouille in the autumn we get chilli and other thicker soups.  Last week I grabbed a bunch of foods in the kitchen to whip up a great soup.  I tossed potatoes, lentils, beans, veggies,  lots of mushrooms, oregano, and broth and let it simmer for a couple hours.  It was fantastic.


Homemade soups are easy and so much healthier than the store bought canned soups.  The store bought soups typically taste like aluminum and salt.  When you do it yourself, you have total control and it makes it great dish for a healthy family.

No comments: