Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stuffed Peppers and a Goodbye

Friday I did something rare, for me.  I spent some money.  In fact, I spent a decent amount of money on something I wanted but did not need.  Historically, I have had issues with spending money on non-necessities so this was a big deal.  I bought a new camera.  This is likely to be the last post in which I use pictures from my old camera so it is almost like a farewell to an old pal.


Despite my anxiousness about a new major purchase, I was able to spend a nice afternoon with Ashley.  We went to the store to figure out what we wanted to make for dinner and decided on stuffed peppers!  I have never made them before but I had made enough other stuffed dishes that I figured it would be an easy transition.  It was. I stuffed them with TVP, brown rice, veggies, and herbs.  I topped them with some tomato sauce and vegan cheeze.  They were delicious.


As side dishes, Ashley made my brussel sprouts recipe and together we made some mashed cauliflower.  It was a great meal and a good distraction from my buyers regret.  I am looking forward to learning my new camera and showing off some new pictures.



No comments: