Thursday, July 26, 2012

Stacks on Deck

Late last night, on my day off, I got the urge for cookies.  I took advantage and whipped up a batch of my chocolate chip.  It has been awhile since I have made them but they were just as tasty as always.


I am slowly becoming a better baker.  The only change I have really made is paying a bit more attention to the measurements.  Despite all the cooking I do, my kitchen is pretty minimalist.  I have two 1 cup measuring cups, and one 2/3 measuring cup.  That is it.  I generally eyeball it.  I think my eyeball is getting more acute.

Doubling the batch in my gluttonous craving for a bedtime snack, I ate a whole plate full and went to bed with a belly ache.  When I woke up, I grabbed another cookie and felt much better.

2 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

Is that kind of like nursing a hangover with a beer? (I wouldn't know, as I don't drink, but it sounds similar!)

:)

Alessandra said...

They look scrumptious, you must be a good baker already!

Ciao
Alessandra