Monday, September 19, 2011

A confession...

The other day I got a little motivation and wanted to hike Stone Mountain.  I left the house with my camera in tow, ready to climb the mountain.  I rode into the park only to get completely lost and unable to find the trail head for the mountain hike.  I drove around for about 30 minutes before getting annoyed and driving back home, defeated.  I did spot a few mid-day deer though.


Once home, I had to cheer myself up after such an event.  Cake should do it!  I used my chocolate cake recipe to make one of the best cakes I have whipped up.  Nothing cheers me up like cake.


This weeks lunches were back to bakes pasta.  I just had it a week or so ago but it was so easy and perfect that I had to go another round.  It was so good and so gooey!  Perfect for lunch at the jobby job.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

those would cheer me up too :-)

Jes said...

Thank stinks about not being able to find the trail head. There's a back route that I've always loved (not particularly legal), but hard to describe where it starts. The cake looks like it would do the trick for making a day turn around though!

xvavaveganx said...

Aww major bummer you didn't get to the trail, but that cake certainly would certainly turn the day around! Looks so good! And that pasta bake looks amazing and comforting as well!

Just Us said...

Bummer that you couldn't find the trail! I think you did the cheering up right though. Chocolate cake would do it for me espcially one looking like that...yum!

Alessandra said...

For a moment there I thought that you confessed eating Bambi! I am relieved :-). (Just a joke, Hope you got it!)

Better luck next time in finding the trail :-).

Ciao
A.

Rose said...

Bummer you couldn't find the trail...those sort of things can be so frustrating. The cake looks great though, and so do the pasta bakes!