Friday, March 25, 2011

Bread Bowl and Flat Bread Slices

Today was the last of my three days off.  I mainly relaxed and payed some bills.  Nothing excited with the expection of dinner.  We had some Seitan soup in a bread bowl with a nice flat bread slice with a creamy dressing that turned out really well.



Avocado and Dill Spread

1/2 of one avocado
3/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
3 teaspoons of dill
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper

Peel and pit the avocado and mash into a smooth texture.  Add the lemon juice, vegan mayonnaise, and dill.  Mix thoroughly.  Fold in the remaining ingredients.  Best served slightly chilled.


I was fairly sceptically as this was coming together and even as I gave it the finger taste test.  I was wrong.  This was fantastic on a nice flat bread with some sliced vegetables and sprouts.

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

What a fabulous meal!

Alessandra said...

Some days are for chores, but food can still be good.

And I like bread :-)

Millie said...

What a nice bread bowl...that looks so yummy from here...I bet it was delish!!!

Just Us said...

The spread sounds great!