Monday, July 5, 2010

Primed!

I realized the other day that my choice to leave town on my vacation is mildly irresponsible. Do not get me wrong, I am excited to go and can not wait to leave. However, I have so much to do around the house that I could use a week or so off. In order to feel like I was getting at least something done, I primed my den today. It was a lot of work but it needed to be done. I hope to get some color on the walls before I leave. We shall see.

There has really been no food in the works. Sadly, I wish I had more people in my life to cook for and more time to cook. Oh well. I have just been eating simple, pre-packaged one player foods.


Only 2 more days until I can eat a bedtime snack! I have not cheated once. I have to admit that after these long hours at work, I have been temped to have a snack to relax when I get home. I feel good about it though and am glad I did it.

V action in 2 days! I will be in the Shenandoah in just 4 days! I am excited! White water rafting, hiking, photography, caving, it will be great!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

Sometimes getting out of town is more important than regular home chores. Recharge your battery!

Millie said...

hot dogs and beans...great stuff. You got one chore down and that is a great accomplishment, I always think Rome wasn't built in a day, so take your time and enjoy your days off.

Catherine Weber said...

Vacations are SO important. There will always be work to do on the house! Enjoy your week! (I'm jealous! I've never been caving!)

two vegan boys said...

Vacations are much needed. We always have crap that needs to be done around here. You deserve a nice holiday. Have fun. :)

Shaheen said...

Good to take a break from your own space, makes you appreciate it more when you get back.