Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tartar Sauce

I have been busy the last several days and have not had the chance to post. I feel guilty that I can not keep up with all of the postings that people are making for veganmofo. It is impressive. I wish I had that much to say.

I have been saving this recipe for a day when I had time to post and not much to say. Here goes...


Tartar Sauce

3/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
1 tablespoon of chopped dill pickle
1 teaspoon of chopped onion
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of dulse flakes (other seaweed will work)
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder

In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise and pickle together until they have become well mixed. This pickles need to be chopped finely. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. It should be a think and slightly lumpy consistency.


Tomorrow is the October vegan lunch meetup and I have 2 days off. No plans other then the meetup but we will see.

5 comments:

Jes said...

Have fun at the meetup!

Tartar sauce is the bomb on so many things from baked or fried tofu to sandwiches to who knows what else. Such a great sauce!

Oraphan said...

I LOVE tartar sauce, this is a perfect vegan recipe for me, thanks:)

miss v said...

i totally dig tartar sauce. did you make some sort of 'fish' sammmie to eat it on?

Leigh said...

Mmm, that's a good looking sammich. Ken used to love tartar sauce, so we will have to try this recipe.

laura said...

i don't have that much to say either. that's what the pictures are for. i mean, we eat every day, right? i also cheat a little and schedule several days of posts when i find the time to post.