Monday, September 3, 2012

Maine Trip; DAY 5: Family Day!

When I was younger, I moved around often, from State to State.  I did not see my family for long periods of time.  In 2002, I was 22, my brother was in high school and sister in middle school, we surprised our mum with a family photo session in Maine.  I was in Maine for about 9 months from 2002 - 2003.  We thought it might be the last chance where we were all in the same place.  Both of my siblings intended on going off to college.

Now, in 2012, ten years later, we were all in the same place again.  Now, I live in Atlanta, my sister is in Maine with her 2 kids, my brother is in Boston, and our mum lives in Florida.  My siblings and I thought it would be fun to surprise my mum with another family photo session, ten years later.  We had a lot of fun goofing around.  We got some nice pictures and had a lot of laughs.  Maybe we will do it again in another 10 years.


After the photo shot, my brother and I picked up cookout items while my sister picked up her kids.  We all headed to our hometown of Farmingdale Maine for a cookout.  I made some Bar-B-Que portobello mushrooms, grilled potatoes, roasted red peppers, salad, and corn on the cob.  It was a great time with all the extended family and despite some skepticism, the mushrooms were a big hit.



No comments: