Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Roasted Red Stuff

I typically have a very good memory when cooking.  I can recall all the ingredients and the amounts without writing things down.  Today, after an early meeting, I picked up several veggies at the farmers market and went home.  While on the phone, I tossed some things in a baking dish with some broth and baked it for awhile.

I did not expect it to turn out all that well so I did not pay much attention to what I was doing.  About an hour later, I pulled it from the oven and the beets had made the entire dish completely pink.  I scooped some onto a plate and sat down.  Seconds later, I was eating another plate full.  While writing this, I am on my third.  This was amazingly good.  Perfect autumn dish.


Apparently, I will need to make it again and be a bit more conscious with what I put in it.  That way I can share.  Either way, this made my afternoon and I have enough to take some to work for a couple days.

4 comments:

Rose said...

Haha...roasted red stuff, that's a great sounding dish. It looks really festive.

Alessandra said...

Well, the name is good :-)

dreaminitvegan said...

This does look like the perfect cold weather dish! Cute name.

MeloMeals said...

That looks so good. Is that fresh oregano on top? I've been loving beet/fresh oregano and ginger lately.. soooo good!