Monday, December 20, 2010

Lemon Donuts!

A good friend text me and said they were going to get some vegan donuts in a bakery in Florida.  I was jealous.  I never want to be left out of the vegan pastries.  What was I going to do?  I made my own!


I actually used my lemon cake recipe which has been a big hit.  It worked perfectly and I used the glaze (slightly adjusted) to coat them.  The came out great and I was very please.  Now I have my own dozen donuts.

With the extra batter, I poured it into a loaf pan and baked a little cake.  Now I have snacks for a few days.


For my long day at work on Sunday, I made some late night pasta to take for lunch and dinner.  I did not think much of it as I was making it but it came out pretty well.  I will make this again with a bit more focus and share a recipe at some point.

9 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Lemon donuts, what a great idea!

Millie said...

those vegan donuts look divine.

Rose said...

Lemon donuts sound yummy. And you made them so perfectly shaped too.

Alessandra said...

Yeah, lemon donuts are a good idea.

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Those donuts look so bright and inviting!

Hannah said...

Oh man, those donuts look like they really pack in some bright citrus flavor- What a delicious idea! You've got me craving lemon-anything and -everything now.

amy said...

How is this humanly possible..this is greeeat. I need to make a raw version!

Love your blog!

-Amy

dreaminitvegan said...

Love the lemon!!!

Delish pasta too.

siue said...

You got me with the Lemon Donuts! :D :D