Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Meat and Potatoes

Now that I am feeling much better, I was able to make a fun dinner of old favorites.  I made a few seitan steaks, this has become a favorite for visitors to the house and one of the most popular recipes on this blog.  These are also a personal favorite of mine.


I also made some creamy mashed potatoes.  I have not made these in a long time.  There was a time when this was a standard in on any plate I made.  I guess the "meat and potatoes" mood had not struck me in awhile.


As a nice side of veggies, I added a great southwest salad.  I added a little vegan sour cream and some corn chips to the salad and it totally threw it over the top.  Nice, light, refreshing but still a nice hearty autumn flavor.  It was a great meal.



I have been testing out some new juices / smoothies in my new blender.  I was not totally sold on this one but it was decent and good for me so I gobbled it up.

4 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

I'm gonna have to try those steaks - they look super yum.

Alessandra said...

You saitan stake looks good, I don;t like the saitan they have here in New Zealand, it tastes too ... fermented.
Pity, it would be good to have when I have little time to make dinner.

Ciao
Alessandra

Hannah said...

I'm totally with you on it being a "meat" and potatoes time of year... I've been craving hearty fare like this, too. I could just go for a huge bowl of those potatoes, plain!

Rose said...

mmm, those seitan steaks look delectable! And that salad does too!