Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dinner on the eve; Tarragon Mustard Dressing

When Ashley got back from her out of state adventure, we had a nice dinner.  For some reason I had the eve of christmas off before a long week at work.  We made sure to make it memorable with some great food.

I made some portobello mushrooms strips, we made some amazing corn bread, a couple mango smoothies, and a salad for some lighter fare.







Tarragon Mustard Dressing

4 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of fresh tarragon
1/3 cup of water
1/3 cup of oil
2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
1  1/2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
1 tablespoon of onion
1 teaspoon of salt

In a blender, puree all ingredients until smooth.  The tarragon leaves will shred but not puree and this is fine.


I am looking for some ideas.  I really enjoy making salad dressings but have trouble finding good pictures of the dressing.  Often, once it is on the salad, the visual appeal is gone.  Any ideas?  What to other people do for good salad dressing pictures?

5 comments:

MeloMeals said...

I'm generally too lazy to do this, but getting a pic pouring the dressing on is always nice.. plus lightly tossing your salad and putting the dressing in a ramekin on the side works too.

I LOVE mustard and tarragon together. I'm glad you two could enjoy a nice meal together.. you work so hard!

Millie said...

What a beautiful salad. It is amazing.

dreaminitvegan said...

Okay...you totally rock. Your whole meal looks amazing! I hope you had a nice Christmas!

Alessandra said...

It all looks yum, especially the portobello mushroom strips :-)

ciao
A.

Elisabeth said...

The portobello strips look divine! I can imagine that the salad with tarragon dressing and the mushrooms had to be a bliss together!