Sunday, December 5, 2010

Got it!

Although it may seem like a hasty decision to the blog world, it has over a month in the making.  I spluged and bought a high quality blender.  I talked the place down and got a great deal so I feel good about spending the money.



Immediately, I bolted to the store to pick up a few things to blend.  Since I have not been feeling well, I opted for my first experience to be my green smoothie.  I really enjoy these and they are a great way for a sick guy like me to get some raw veggie in me!  I am going to be working over a few of my smoothie recipes over the next few months with my new toy.  I have already made some awesome alterations to this recipe but I will share when I am totally satisfied.


from this..
to this...


Additionally, I got so decent thrift store scores today as well.  I got some fun silverware, two new glasses (one above) and a new bowl.  I am a total thrifting junky.

5 comments:

Cassie - Vegan Fox said...

Congrats! We just got one, too :) We were in the same boat: blenders and food processor broke down. When I found a food processor at a thrift store for $4 we decided that we could splurge on the blender.

I look forward to your smoothie recipes. We haven't made many, so we'll definitely be looking for inspiration.

Millie said...

what a nice blender, its worth to buy the best. I love love love your new glasses...they are so cute. I am a thrift store junkie and my apartment has been toatally furnished from estate, thrift store and garage sale finds. I love your glasses!

Alessandra said...

Good on you!!!

Ciao
A.

Jes said...

Woohoo for the good blender! What kind is it?

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Congrats on the new blender.