Wednesday, November 17, 2010

That government is best which governs not at all

"That government is best which governs not at all"  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Sometimes the recipe that is best is not a recipe at all.

Tonight, my game time meal was not the greasy heavy french fries that is the norm.  It was a simple and ripe pomegranate.



Pomegranate really hit the mainstream food scene in the last few years.  I am not going to lie, up until a couple years ago, I had never tasted one.  However, I did briefly play a computer game back in the early 1990's that used pomegranates as currency.  Odd.

Such a great fruit and although it can make for some amazing recipes, I still would almost always prefer it on my plate, alone.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Pomegranate is great for fighting cancer and providing you with tons of antioxidants, but I am not a big fan of its taste in juice, too bitter for me.
I put the pomegranate in a big bowl in a sink and fill it up with water so the white light skin floats on top and the heavy seeds stay on the bottom. Then I pour all the skin out and strain the seeds. It is lees messy and quicker that way.

Jen Treehugger said...

Pomegranates are delicious - I have a couple in my fridge.