Friday, March 8, 2013

Cooking with Kaleigh Volume 4: Salad with Raspberry Dressing

Another episode of Cooking with Kaleigh!  A couple of weeks ago, we made bread sticks.  They were so good that I have been thinking about them and craving them ever since.  She was reluctant at first but after a bit she agreed to make mini-bread sticks.  I am not sure what the difference is, but I am also not 6 years old.  Apparently, the difference is significant and either way, I got my sticks!


I also made us some pasta while she made a salad and dressing.  Kaleigh cuts slowly so I edited the video for length concerns.  I should also point out that the knife she is using is incredibly dull, which is partly what she is struggling.  I am not sure she is ready for a sharp knife while I am still several feet away from her.  At one point she did prick herself with the tip of the knife.  She looked at it for a second, wiped it on her shirt and after said "I am fine.  There was no blood.  That is how you know if you are hurt of not."  She is a bad ass!


Kaleigh did an incredible job with the salad.  If you listen closely, you can hear that Tato the cat was a little jealous of Kaleigh's rise to stardom and wanted to have his voice heard as well.  He is a character.  




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog and made the seitan steak. Because of work I cooked them all day in the crockpot. Turned out great. You have a great kitchen helper there. Hope to see her in the future with her own show! Thanks for your great recipes.

Millie said...

I could see her cookbooks falling off the shelves...she's fabulous.