Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vacations!

Another long day work the jobby job. I have some things to look forward to though. I have a vacation with Ashley coming up in a few weeks. It seems we may be going to do some hiking in Virgina and Kentucky. It should be a great time.

At the end of the summer, my mum, brother, and I will be going to the grand canyon. I am very excited to see such a sight. It will be a ton of fun even if it is not my typical trip of long hikes and camping. It is going to be a riot to see my brother and mum in that environment. I am sure we will have all sorts of crazy stories of us alienating ourselves from the other tourist.

With some of the leftovers from the Bulgar and Tempeh salad, I made a great little lettuce wrap. I changed the remaining avocado, onion, and tomato into guacamole, tossed some sliced peppers on the top and a heaping of the tempeh. It was quite tasty!

5 comments:

jess_fildespages said...

This is such a great idea. Lettuce wraps, for me, are those things that you tend to forget about and then inhale when theyre around. This is *perfect* for summer too! Thanks for reminding me *runs of to the kitchen*

Anonymous said...

maybe not camping, but you will do some hiking at the grand canyon, right?

Shaheen said...

I like what you've done with your left overs.

Millie said...

Creative and frugle...your a man with many great qualities...good job. It looks great.

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine-blogspot.com

jessy said...

oh man, that's what we've been missing - lettuce wraps. we haven't had any in almost 2 years - thanks for the tasty idea! i can't wait to hear about the fun with your mom & brother at the grand canyon and i can't wait to see pictures, too! :) you and Ashley should totally come to va for hiking! now i'm kinda partial because i live here and grew up near the mountains, but i've gotta say we've got some amazing mountains!!!