Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Well, I turned 35. That happened.

I turned 35 yesterday.  That seems like too many years.  Far more than it feels.  If I live this many more, i'll be 70!  That realization is crazy for me.  Regardless, I had a great day.  The bet birthday in years.

When I got up, Ashley had taken the day off work and we pulled Kaleigh out of school.  Ashley made pancakes and soy bacon for breakfast.  Then it was off to the local juice bar.


After some juices, we went to a local favorite, Vaughn's Woods.  It is right on the boarder of Hallowell and Farmingdale and is a wonderful hike through the woods.  Interestingly, despite growing up in this area, I have spent very little time in these woods during the winter months.  We had a great time and were able to take Tessa.  She got worn out quickly but had a fun time diving through the 3 foot snow piles.



We walked along the frozen stream and even played for a bit in the fields.  Then Tessa decided she was done with her leash and chewed though it!  That meant it was time to head back to the car.  Fortunately, she stayed with us for the walk back.


When we got home as strapped on some snow shoes that Ashley had borrowed and wandered around our few acres of land.  We saw rabbit, deer, and moose tracks!  It was a lot of fun to see our property in the throws of winter.


That evening my dad and Sue came for dinner.  It was really amazing to have them over as it has been about 12 years since I have seen either of my parents of my birthday.  It was a real gift just to have them there.  After dinner we had ice cream on the salt brick, then dove into the chcocolate cookie cake that Ashley had made.  It was a fantastic cake.




After dinner we did a few presents.  I got a really nice tool belt, a charcoal grill, some grill tools, a great new pyrex dish, a printable minature, a lego cake from Kaleigh, and a cherry pie!  Sue makes amazing pies so I was super excited to have it for my bedtime snack...and breakfast.



3 comments:

Marja @ StuckInYourBeard said...

Happy birthday! You're on my blog list---I didn't write anything for 5 years, but now I'm back, writing, and checking in on how everyone is doing. I have never heard of icecream on a salt brick, but that looks and sounds AMAZING.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great birthday. I'm glad y'all are all doing well.

btw... http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/throe

:)

Amethyst

Replacement Windows San Ramon said...

Great blog, I enjoyed reading it