Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Baked Potato Pizza!

Each week we have Pizza Friday at our house.  Often one might find red peppers, onions, mushrooms, and roasted garlic on the pizza.  Occasionally, we make a specific type of pizza.  This past Friday was such a week.

Ashley wanted to do a baked potato pizza.  I had never heard of it but she said it was good.  I like baked potatoes and I like pizza so I figured I would give it a shot.  We took the normal pizza sauce and some pepperjack and cheeder cheeze and topped it with soy bacon bits, fried potatoes, and onion.  When it was nearly done we pulled it out and made a garlic bread crust and threw on the green onions.  When it was done we spiraled on some sour cream ranch like dressing.


The girls loved it.  I actually liked the flavor of the pizza but the texture of the potato was not a highlight for me.  The potato felt almost soggy.  The rest of the pizza I would do again without a second thought, just minus the potato on mine please.

No comments: