Friday, July 18, 2014

Deep Fry Friday: Wasn't Me!

Ashley has wanted to make vegan jalapeno poppers for weeks now.  I have never had a jalapeno popper in my life, vegan or not.  Frankly, I did not understand how they were not too hot to eat.  I could not wrap my head around the idea of eating a whole jalapeno pepper.


Ashley wanted to force the issue.  She got a bag of jalapenos at the farmers market and her own mixture to make a cheezy filling.She went to work.  When they came out of the deep fryer, they looked phenomenal.

I was still a little skeptical until I bit into my first one and the temperature was quite a mild taste.  They were great.  I have never been much for cheese, vegan or prior, but these were awesome.  Ashley did a great job, maybe I will have her teach me how to make them!

No comments: