Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fighting Back Against the Souper Hot Atlanta Summer!

Soups are one of my favorite foods.  I really like the flavors as they meld together and form a unique blend.  I prefer pureed soups but will eat just about any type of soup.  There is something comforting about them.  As a child, if soup was on the table, it was from a can.  The only exception was chowder, in Maine, everyone eats chowder.

In Atlanta, hot soup is not really a summer dish.  One of the last things most people want to eat is a hot hearty bowl of soup when they are sweating in 95 degrees.  Me?  I crank up the air conditioning and eat soup!


Soup work out wonderful for me because it travels easy.  I can takes bowls of it to work and eat it for days.  I recently made one of my more hearty soups.  Black Bean and Corn Soup.  This seems to be a favorite among the few people who regularly eat my food, as well as a favorite of mine.  Not a very summer friendly soup but I am fighting back against the hot weather!

3 comments:

Alessandra said...

Cool soup! Golly here in NZ is getting colder!!
I like the new look of your blog.

Ciao
Alessanda

Anonymous said...

I love soups for that same reason! they're convenient, delicious, and can travel! and great --if not BETTER!-- as leftovers! thanks for sharing!

dreaminitvegan said...

I love me some black bean soup!
Sorry you are so hot out there already.