Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekend Vacation; Day 2: Gone to my Dad's

Shortly after waking up, Kaleigh, Ashley and I headed to Pittston Maine to visit my Dad.  We had the whole family coming to the house.  My sister and her three kids coming from Boston, my other two sisters and their families would also be there.


Fortunately, there was still some snow at my dad's house and Kaleigh was able to slide with the kids.  It was really her first time sledding.  She loved it, it was difficult to get her to come back inside to eat, visit, or even thaw.


Once she did, she enjoyed playing with the other kids and the dog that lives with my dad.  We even had a birthday party for her.  Sue made some amazing food, sweet potato soup, green bean casserole, and even some homemade ice cream, not to mention cookies and pies!




After dinner, the adults and Kaleigh played a good game of Munchkin to close the night out.  It began to snow later in the evening and Kaleigh was able to see her first Maine snow storm.  She was extremely excited to make a snow angel.


We had a great time and really appreciated the effort that all of my family put in to make Kaleigh and Ashley feel welcome and a part of the family.

2 comments:

Millie said...

such a great time in the snow and with family...priceless!

http://nuestracena-vegancuisine.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sounds like an amazing family get together. My whole family hasn't been together in years. But my dad and I just started looking at some some villas in Tuscany Italy and my entire extended family is down to go. I can't wait to see all my cousins and the new babies that we have in the family now. Homemade ice cream, mmmm. Thanks for sharing Vic! I am glad you and your family had a great time together.