Monday, January 28, 2013

More ravings about my tofu press!

I have been going tofu crazy recently.  Ever since Ashley made me a tofu press, I have been really into doing tofu dishes.  I can not over state how great of a kitchen tool this is.  I think it is the most valuable kitchen tool I have gotten since my super nice blender.

I recently got some tofu and pressed it for about 20 minutes.  I got nearly 3/4 of a cup of water out of it!  Amazing!  This makes the tofu fry up nice and crispy and really absorb flavor well.  I made this particular dish into some teriyaki tofu and roasted some brussel sprouts to go with it. 


The dinner was great and I am so happy to have my tofu press.  It is just so much more awesome that Ashley made it herself.  She is a wizard.

 look at all the liquid pressed out!

3 comments:

Millie said...

WOW!!!!...that presser is amazing.

Marina and Steve said...

This has inspired me to make tofu presses as presents! Thanks! :)

amymylove said...

My Tofu Express is my most treasured kitchen gadget for reals... Never plan to go back to the old school method, wasting a bunch of paper towels :)