Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mum's Visit Part 3

Day two with my mum was a lot of fun.  After lingering around the house a bit in the morning we went to get a few random things done.  We ended up going to a book store, getting some nice vegan cake, and a few others.  We got some lunch off a hot bar and headed to the zoo.  I have some very unpleasant feelings about the zoo but really like to see all the animal so I repeatedly get sucked into going.

Ashley finished with her classes today and she met my mum and I at the zoo.  We had a really nice time and saw some crazy animals doing some crazy things.  We ate some cake to celebrate Ashley finishing a tough class and spent significant time in the reptile room.

My mum and I headed home to make meal number two.  She wanted the Scalloped King Oyster Mushrooms in a Garlic Cream Sauce.  This dish was much more her speed\ and comfort zone.  I did not force a smoothie on her tonight because I used the blender to make a nice salad dressing.  This was a very nice, light, refreshing, refined dish that was great for my mum's palate.

5 comments:

Millie said...

what a beautiful dinner...nice job. your mum is very lucky.

Alessandra said...

The scalloped oyster mushrooms sound amazing.

Jes said...

I'd forgotten about those "scallops!" Wish I would have remembered the recipe when I had a pack of king oyster mushrooms. Beautiful dinner!

Rose said...

What a lovely dinner! Looks so elegant. I must try that mushroom recipe

adriennefriend said...

I am really loving your blog!