Thursday, March 24, 2011

Basil Hummus

Today was an Ashley day.  It has been some time since Ashley and I spent time together one on one and it was a nice relaxing day.  We looked at some houses, ate some lunch and did a few errands.  The lunch was a nice refreshing spring meal.  We made some hummus sandwiches with some sesame sticks on the side.  We also split a couple slices of cake.


Basil Hummus

4 cloves of garlic
30 oz of chipeas
1/3 cup of water
1/3 cup of olive oil
1/4 cup of basil
1 tablespoon of cumin
1/2 tablespoon of tahini
2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons of paprika


In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.  It will have a light green color due to the basil and should be thick.  Optional: Chop some additional basil into small pieces and once the hummus is finished blending, fold it into the mixture.  This will give it some additional aesthetic value while adding some additional potent flavor.



It has been some time since I posted a recipe.  I have been far to occupied to begin in the kitchen and this felt good to create.  The combination of basil and chic peas made it a really nice blend of Mediterranean hummus with Italian pesto.  It was very creamy and refreshing.

6 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

Vic, I marinaded my mushrooms in homemade balsamic vinaigrette -- easiest thing ever! I can email you the recipe if you want . . . just let me know!

P.S. love basil in anything!

Alessandra said...

Nice, hummus is one of the world best inventions, I believe! I never thought of pairing basil with cumin and I am curious now!

Ciao
A.

PS
Come and visit NZ! Americans (the ones who travel at least) love it!

Millie said...

yum.... all we need are the chips and a good movie.

Jenn and Jac @ sketch-free eating said...

Interesting flavour usage...

Just Us said...

Yum...basil hummus sounds awesome! I'll have to try this when I make my next batch of hummus. Yours turned out so pretty! :)

girls who like to gorge said...

This sounds fantastic! Very summery!