Saturday, December 12, 2009

Donuts!

I have been working more then I can even explain this week. It is nice to have the hours and the job security but since I have moved into the house, I am broke. It is kind of a kick in the face. I need to get back on my feet and it may be another month or so.

For the last several month I have been looking for a donut baking sheet. I finally had to special order one. Ashley (the negotiator) and I, were walking around town and happened to stop into the cooking store that ordered my pan. They had it. Since I am broke, I did not buy it and was very upset. I really wanted to make some donuts and thought it might lighten my stress. We walked away. Apparently, Ashley noticed that I was upset about it and after I went home, she bought me the pan! What a great person! I made my first donuts today! It was kind of a trial run and I am glad I did not make a ton of them. I want to change the recipe. As many of you know, I am fairly heavy handed with my flavors and this recipe simply did not have enough kick for me. I will change it up and post it soon. In the meantime, enjoy the pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

impressive!

Catherine Weber said...

That's some RED icing on that there donut!

Jes said...

mmm donuts!