Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tree planting day!

Last fall Ashley and I ordered some fruit trees from a locally based national organic tree and seed supplier.  Those trees were ready for pick up this past weekend.  We drove all over rural Maine, lost but eventually found the trees!    We got 3 apple trees, 2 plums, 2 pears, a cherry, and a peach.  We were super excited.


Excited until we realized how much work we had ahead of us.  That same night I went out and dug all 9 holes for our new mini orchard.  I was wiped and figured I would be sore the following day.  When I awoke the next morning, I felt pretty good, a little muscle soreness but nothing too bad.  We decided it was time to get them in the ground.  More digging.  Lots more.

A few hours later we had all the trees planted.  Just in time for Kaleigh to help with the last two and
get her to karate.

Once home from karate I watered the trees and it was dinner time.  I was really too tired to make anything so we had a rarity in our house, Sub Sandwiches!  We all loved them and agreed that we should have them more often.  It turned out to be a great day filled with lots of hard work.


No comments: