Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Maine Trip; Day 3: Lunch, Reid, Dinner

Friday was a lax day.  I woke up at my dad's house and hung out for awhile as they worked on the house.  I was supposed to meet my mum for lunch but as I got back into town she called to say she would not be able to get the time away from work but my sister, Cait, was off.


Cait and I got together for lunch at Bagel Mainea.  They have a wide variety of bagels with numerous spreads (including vegan options) and veggies.  I always enjoy my lunch there.


After lunch, Cait and I did some errands and then I dropped her back off in time for her to pick her kids up from school.  My mum was out of work then and we opted to go to Reid State Park, off to the beach!



We climbed on the rocks, took pictures, looked in the tide pools, chatted, and watched the waves crash against the rocks.  It was a nice afternoon.  It is nice to be only 45 minutes from the coast.


My mum and I went to dinner at a hot spot in Augusta.  I had a nice veggie wrap with their amazing fresh cut homemade fries.



3 comments:

Jes said...

That bagel sandwich looks killer! Yay for being back in Maine & getting to spend time for friends and family!

Éphée Lafée said...

WOW! A few days in Maine would be great!

adriennefriend said...

Of course you went for the everything bagel. Who wouldn't?!