Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mango Ice Cream and a Satruday Off

I had Saturday off.  For the first time in a long while, I was able to attend the Vegan Lunch Group Meetup.  It was at Harmony this month.  Jamie and I attended and it seemed like there were a lot of new people compared to the last time we were able to attend.  We ate out lunch and we fairly anti-social.  Oh well,  I guess we were just in that type of mood.  Next month is a pot luck so hopefully, we will be in better spirits socially for the next one.

That afternoon, Ashley and I had plans to go see a movie.   Neither of us felt up to it so we just went window shopping and made some dinner.  We made some burritos with beans, rice, soy chicken, avocado and a chipolte sour cream sauce that I made.  I may share that recipe but not right now.  The sandwiches were very good but the highlight of the meal was dessert.



I had a few mangoes laying around and we made ice cream!  Ashley had some C02 chargers and she made some coconut lime whipped cream while I assembled the mango ice cream.  This ice cream was fantastic and the texture was perfect.


Mango Ice Cream

2 large mangoes (peeled and pitted)
15 oz of high fat coconut milk
1 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of lime juice (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a blender.  The mangoes make take several minutes to puree and the mixture should be thick.  Then follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.


This made enough for 4 servings of ice cream and we had about 5 servings of burritos, which was nice because Ashley was able to take some to work with her Sunday!



4 comments:

Jes said...

Mango ice cream sounds like the perfect way to beat the heat!

Hannah said...

Awesome ice cream! Mango isn't a flavor I often think of for desserts (or just eating, for that matter) so it's nice to have such a delicious reminder. :)

Mihl said...

Thank you! The bf and me used to make a mango ice cream back when I wasn't vegan. I totally forgot how delicious mango ice cream is. Must make this!

Gauri Radha गौरी राधा said...

That ice-cream is so colorful!! Wow, it's totally raining outside but now I am in the mood for vegan ice-cream :-)