Friday, August 6, 2010

Match meat and pictures

At recent trip to Cosmo's Vegan Shoppe, I picked up some Match Meats.  I have eaten them before when Laura (of Abracapocus) has brought them to the potlucks but I have never used them.  She is the match meat queen.  I am an novice

I made some not-mashed potatoes to accompany the breaded chicken patties that I topped with the leftover chipolte sauce (does anyone want this chopolte sauce recipe?) from the wraps the other night.  It was pretty good but began to fall apart toward the end.



I also got my hair cut (shaved actually) and got the cable back on track.  I miss watching my summer league basketball games.

There is also a nice assemblage of pictures growing on my dinning room wall.  It is coming along nice.  I pick up tacky frames at thrift stores and paint them white.  It has been a lot of fun and it gives me something to do with all the pictures I take.

6 comments:

sensiblecooking said...

I would like to get the chipolte sauce recipe.

Allyson said...

I love picking up tacky frames at the thrift and painting them white... although mosta my art is too big to frame, so it gets the staple gun approach (haha), much to my husbands dismay.

that meal looks mighty fine too!

Leigh said...

I really like your frame painting idea. I might steal it.

Millie said...

I love the white picture frames, very classy and crisp looking...good design choice.

I just got in from the hospital this afternoon, I had 2 titanium rods installed in my lower back with 4 screws. I am pain free, Thank God.

DJ Karma (VegSpinz) said...

Never tried match meat before- looks good! I like not-mashing potatoes too :)

amymylove said...

i would love to hear your chipotle sauce recipe! i know i love my version... i hope you share yours!