Thursday, March 19, 2009

Flying Tato and Tempeh (not flying)

Tuesday night I got some really great tickets for another Hawks game. I have a connection that got me some Club access seat right near the floor. Sadly, it was not much of a game as Atlanta blew Sacramento away. This has been a basketball year for me. I have followed the season from start to present. For whatever reason, I am really into it this year. I can not wait for the playoffs!

Monday, I had the day off and made myself some great Bar-B-Q Tempeh. This is another old recipe of mine, that got tossed by the wayside. There was awhile where I was eating this dish a few times a week. It is incredibly easy to make.

Bar-B-Q Tempeh

1 package of tempeh
3/4 cup of Bar-B-Q Sauce
1 tablespoon of oil
1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce
1/3 teaspoon of cayenne pepper

In a sauce pan, heat the oil on med-low, until it is hot enough. You should be able to splatter water into it and have it sizzle. Cut the tempeh into strips. When oil is hot, add the tempeh and fry until golden brown. Then flipp and repeat. The oil needs to be hot because the tempeh will soak it up and get greasy. Once both sides are browned, drain off excess oil and add your wet ingredients and cayenne pepper. Cover, turn heat down, and let simmer for 5-8 mins. Flip and reapeat.

Yum! This is soo good and simple afternoon lunch.

I want to leave you all with this short video of the new game that Tato plays. He loves to chase the light and we quickly found out that he thinks he can fly.

3 comments:

jessy said...

awww, Tato is just too cute! and i love your skull 'n crossbones mat! :)

what's funny is that dan & i have never made bbq tempeh before - we've done bbq tofu, but not tempeh. and i loooove me some tempeh! gonna have to make some bbq tempeh soon & make up a side of slaw to enjoy with it! mmmmmm!

Tara said...

That bbq tempeh looks excellent! Tato is so cute trying to fly!

Marina and Steve said...

Our cats love the laser toy, too, but Tato has alot more of a vertical leap than either of our two senior citizens!