Tuesday, November 24, 2015

West African Peanut Soup

I am not very familiar with African food.  I have never been out to an African restaurant and never tried to cook it at home.  To say my exposure has been limited would be an understatement.

Ashley asked for soup last night for dinner and my mind immediately went to butternut squash soup but I wanted something new.  Something we had not had before and might be some fun flavors to experiment with.

After some limited internet searching of flavor ideas I decided to make a West African Peanut Soup.  While I looked into the typical spices used in West African I also decided to make some cabbage on the side and toss the pomegranate we had in the house on the plates as well.


Ultimately I think the dish could have used a little more salt it was actually quite a good first try!  We all liked it and we even have a little leftover for lunches!

No comments: