Thursday, July 11, 2013

Dinner for me!

After a long day at the jobby job with an early start, Ashley was nice enough to make dinner.  The great thing was there was even enough for me to take to work for the following couple days.

First up was a basic salad.  Kaleigh has been gardening at her grandmother's and the beans in the salad were fresh picked!  There is nothing like fresh picked green beans.  I can recall eating them as a kid from my grandmother's garden.  We would eat so many that we would get in trouble!  Imagine!  Getting in trouble for eating veggies?


After the salad, we had some mashed creamy potatoes as the side dish to our main course of a great lentil loaf!  The flavor was excellent but it was a little mushy.  After about 30 minutes to set up and cool, it firmed right up.  There were a lot of leftovers for me to tote to work as well. 






It is a real treat that I am not used to, having dinner made for me.  I do rather enjoy it!

No comments: