Monday, June 3, 2013

Memorial Day Hoax?

For weeks I have been excited about the band The Hoax coming to Atlanta.  I fought to get the night off from the jobby job just to go.  As usual, I was incredibly early and it was just me and the bands in the parking lot.  Apparently The Hoax tour in a pickup truck with a camper on the back.  Punk rock.

The first band, Aisle, was from Canada.  They were pretty decent but not my style really.  They seemed a bit perturbed about playing first as well.


Next was one of my local favorites, Mercenary!  I even filmed a video with my new camera.  This may have been the best performance I have seen from them.  They get tighter each time I see them.


Third was Nerv.  Nerv was from Iowa and the singer was a really nice guy.  Growing up in Maine I can sympathize with being from a small scene.  They were impressively good, loads of fun to watch.  I wish they had played a little longer but I think time was a little constrained due to a late start.


Last, The Hoax!  They were incredible.  I really like the anger and nihilism that they manifest.  It is a nice release for me.  Hoax is known to be a little dangerous live but this set was pretty tame.  All in all, it was a great show.



No comments: