Saturday, February 9, 2013

Slow cooker? I've got thyme!

I woke up this morning and realized that despite posting two blogs this week, I had not mentioned food in either one.  Fell guilt for depriving the blogworld of tasty goodness, I knew my only option was to make an emergency post now.  Dinner is served!

I used the slow cooker recently to make some soup to take to work with me.  I am not experienced enough with the slow cooker to realize how much food in makes.  This made 2 huge buckets of soup!  There is no way I will be able to eat all of this alone.  It is quite tasty though.  I took potatoes, red peppers, white beans, onion, garlic, carrots, celery, cabbage, and thyme and let them slow cook for about 7 hours.  They flavor is rich and hearty.  I think I will make a stove top version of this soup at some point to share a recipe. 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Looks delicious! I too have to tone down the volume in the slow cooker. I'm getting better at filling it less than halfway!