Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert!

As a kid (and even now), my favorite dessert included strawberries and rhubarb.  It was something I would eat until it made me sick and even beyond.  Pie was the most common thing I would find it in.  In my early 20's, I made many pies of my own but I was never able to master the art.  I have never been a baker.

I have done some outside of the box things to make up for my baking disability.  This however, was fairly inside the box.  Strawberry rhubarb cobbler.  It was fantastic.  I will make it another time or two before I share the recipe as I want to change up a few things.  Either way, it was awesome and an excellent way to cap off a fun night of food and play.

2 comments:

Millie said...

that looks super yummy and so satisfying for one of those sweet crazy days. Great job Vic.

Alessandra said...

So lovely! In the US the strawberry-Rhubarb combo seems to be in, for me it is strange since I get strawberries in spring/summer and rhubarb in fall/winter...

Have a great Sunday, and have a look at my local beach, if you like nature :-)

ciao
Alessandra