Saturday, April 30, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Dessert!

As a kid (and even now), my favorite dessert included strawberries and rhubarb.  It was something I would eat until it made me sick and even beyond.  Pie was the most common thing I would find it in.  In my early 20's, I made many pies of my own but I was never able to master the art.  I have never been a baker.

I have done some outside of the box things to make up for my baking disability.  This however, was fairly inside the box.  Strawberry rhubarb cobbler.  It was fantastic.  I will make it another time or two before I share the recipe as I want to change up a few things.  Either way, it was awesome and an excellent way to cap off a fun night of food and play.

3 comments:

Millie said...

that looks super yummy and so satisfying for one of those sweet crazy days. Great job Vic.

Tiffany said...

Ooh the cobbler looks wonderful! Despite both how common it is to combine those flavors in desserts and the annual abundance of local strawberries (it's seriously berry central here throughout spring), I've never had anything strawberry-rhubarb! Looks like it's time to change that. ;)

Alessandra said...

So lovely! In the US the strawberry-Rhubarb combo seems to be in, for me it is strange since I get strawberries in spring/summer and rhubarb in fall/winter...

Have a great Sunday, and have a look at my local beach, if you like nature :-)

ciao
Alessandra