Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Spicy Black Bean Sauce

I made some stir-fry!

Spicy Black Bean Sauce

5 cloves of garlic (sliced)
1 cup of black beans
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
1 tablespoon of peanut oil
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon of chili paste

In a sauce pan, heat both oils and add half of the garlic. Before the garlic browns, add the black beans and mash then with a fork while in the pan. Once they are almost a paste, add the soy sauce and water. Stir frequently until the consistency is think but moist. Add the onion powder, vinegar, and chili paste and stir again. You may need to add more water. just be cautious not to dilute the flavor.

I added some dried tofu, green beans, zucchini, and lotus root. I was a very nice meal. It was a nice change from the normal brown sauce type stir-fry.


According to my contractor, I will be able to move into my house in the next few days. I took next weekend off from work to move my four pieces of furniture to the house and have a relaxing weekend. It will be a lot of fun to move in. Leaving Tato and Jamie behind will be sad but I am trying not to think too much about it. It is a lot of house for one person.

My floors are finished and look amazing! I am so excited about them and will be showing them off for a long time.

1 comment:

ame said...

This blog is very education-inspiring. I had never heard of a lotus root. I was guessing it was that sliced-sand-dollar looking item, since I didn't recognize it... and so I googled it... and I found another cooking blog!

http://maona.net/mt/mt-search.cgi?IncludeBlogs=2&search=lotus+root

Although most of their stuff won't work for you (it's not veggie), it's still interesting. At the beginning of their post on mango bread, they talked about the time of year when mangoes were falling off the trees like crazy and they needed a recipe to use them all up! What time of year is that?! I want a mango tree! ...but I don't want one badly enough to move halfway across the ocean. oh well.

I hope the (more local!) moving process goes smoothly for you, even if you are abandoning us at work for the weekend. (it's ok, we'll forgive you someday... maybe.) :P

Happy Thanksgiving!